What do you post on social media?
This is the number one question that people have when it comes to marketing themselves and their businesses on Social media
The interesting thing here is that there really isn’t a finite number of things that you can use when using social media.
Before you undoubtedly skip this section and jump staright in to the list at the bottom, here are a couple of tips that can help you get the most out of these ideas.
1. Keep it relevant
Can you keep the post relevant to both your audience and your business
For example if you are sharing the personal journey behind your business, can you ask an open-ended question that invites people to engage with the content you are producing
2. Talk with your audience, don’t talk at them
Social media is, by it own description, social. people want to see stories and posts that they connect with. if you are not wording posts in the right way then you are closing the door on engagement and increased reach.
Related: What are your social aims?
3. Everything you post should support your businesses goals
You shouldn’t be posting just for the sake of posting. You should be posting with purpose.
Post to connect WITH AND learn more about your audience.
Start a conversation.
Get more leads to your business.
Drive traffic to your website.
The more you do this the quicker your business will grow.
Now Time for the List
1. Remind People Who You Are, How You Got Started
2. Go Behind The Scenes
3. Share a Personal Story
4. Tell People What You Sell
5. Share a Joke (Graphics or Text)
6. Share a Quote (Graphics or Text)
7. Host an #AMA (Ask Me Anything)
8. Post a How To or Tutorial
9. Ask a Question
10. Host a Poll
11. Share Your Favorite Book
12. Ask for Recommendations (Book, TV, Apps, Music, Something related to your biz)
13. Host a Giveaway
14. Tell People to Sign Up On Your Email List
15. Give away a coupon
16. Host a Sale
17. Remind People To BuyÂ Your Products or Services
18. Share a Quick Tip
19. Share Industry News (Add Your Thoughts To It)
20. Go LIVE (Live Videos Perform AMAZINGLY WELL)
21. Post a Sneak Peek of something coming soon
22. Share a Blog Post You Wrote
23. Share Any Press or PR Features You Have
24. Post a Testimonial From a Client
25. Give Your Audience A Gift
26. Re-Share Some Older Content (Graphics, Quotes, Blog Posts)
27. Host a 1 Day Only Flash Sale
28. Share Content From Someone Else
29. Let Someone Guest Post or Takeover Your Profile
30. Post a Case Study
31. Answer FAQ’s
32. Share Some Personal Wins or Results
33. Host an Interview with a Guest
34. Post Something Seasonal or Highlight a Holiday
35. Thank Your Fans!
36. Post Motivational Monday
37. Post a Tuesday Tip
38. Post a Wednesday Wisdom
39. Post a Throwback Thursday
40. Post a Flashback Friday
41. Share a Short Video Clip (Yours or one you like)
42. Share a podcast episode you love
43. Share a YouTube video you love
44. Post some interesting stats or data about your industry
45. Share your favorite resources (Apps, Websites, Blogs)
46. Share a WIN or SUCCESS
47. Share a LOSS or a FAILURE
48. Share Your Morning Routine
49. Post about events you’re hosting or going to
50. Post where you’ll be speaking or where you’re making appearances
51. Share an Unknown Feature About Your Products or Services
52. Let Your Employee Take Over For a Day
53. Show someone using your product
54. Post a discount or a special offer
55. Tell People How You Got Started
56. Share What Inspired You To Create Your Product or Service
57. Shoutout or Mention Other Brands
58. Shoutout or Mention Your Clients
59. Share a Success Story
60. Share a Few Of Your Favorite Things
61. Post a Fill In The Blank
62. Talk about Mistakes People Are Making
63. Share a Tweet You Like
64. Share a Pinterest Pin You Like
65. Share Your Other Social Profiles to Connect On
66. Share Your Contact Info
67. Post About A Trip You’ve Taken
68. Share a Charity You’ve Partnered With
69. Post About Something On Your Bucket List
70. Ask Your Audience How They Found You